Saturday, October 19

Glitz Dapper Dan and Vellum

Last week SJ Crafts shared two layouts that I'd made with the Glitz Dapper Dan collection.

There was this one











and this one.

On both of these layouts I used Vellum. When I was creating these pages I was thinking about the last time I used vellum and decided to look through my albums to pinpoint how long ago it was. I reckon around 11 years ago or so, when number two son was a baby. It was red vellum too. Most scrapbooking tools and techniques come full circle, I am sure it's now the time for Vellum. Would you agree?
Like many scrapbooking techniques and tools, vellum seems to have come full circle.  I've spent the past hour working back through my albums to pinpoint the first time I used vellum on my layouts. I think it was around 11-12 years ago now. It looks as if, then red vellum was a firm favourite of mine. - See more at: http://sjpapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/more-dapper-dan-and-vellum.html#sthash.lsqJwD7S.dpuf
Like many scrapbooking techniques and tools, vellum seems to have come full circle.  I've spent the past hour working back through my albums to pinpoint the first time I used vellum on my layouts. I think it was around 11-12 years ago now. It looks as if, then red vellum was a firm favourite of mine. - See more at: http://sjpapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/more-dapper-dan-and-vellum.html#sthash.lsqJwD7S.dpuf



 







This week SJ Crafts posted my final layout using Dapper Dan and Vellum, along with some cards. Here's some close up peeps for you.
Thank you for stopping by and thanks too for leaving lovely comments over at SJ Crafts.
Enjoy your weekend x
Like many scrapbooking techniques and tools, vellum seems to have come full circle.  I've spent the past hour working back through my albums to pinpoint the first time I used vellum on my layouts. I think it was around 11-12 years ago now. It looks as if, then red vellum was a firm favourite of mine. - See more at: http://sjpapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/more-dapper-dan-and-vellum.html#sthash.lsqJwD7S.dpuf

16 comments:

  1. Love these LOs and that collection was fab. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at those papers online....and you are making me want them more :) Gorgeous pages and photos too - love the photo editing. I love vellum at the moment too...I think we should start encouraging others in that love too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely and it has been so inspiring seeing how you've really explored the use of vellum on your pages ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful pages - if I didn't already have some of dapper dan, you would definitely have persuaded me to get my purse out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Studio Calico sent me a bunch of glassine bags I thought of Vellum - have used a few bits but not much. Do like these pages, such a fun looking set of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's honks since I've used vellum on a layout...I love what you've done with it Louise!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pages Louise x
    Its funny how things come back into fashion ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts and I do think vellum is getting more popular now, I really should dig mine out! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, these are stunning. I need to pin them for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Both of these pages are gorgeous! I LOVE the added stitching and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the layering and little details on these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I struggle with boy/masculine layouts, these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I agree with velum becoming big again! I have used it several times in recent layouts and on the one I am currently finishing too! Fabulous boy pages! I love checking out all your details :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So, I know it's been a while since I last stopped by (bad blogger friends) but hasn't your style developed wonderfully? These layouts are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never stopped loving vellum so I for one am glad to see it back! I love these fresh layouts - such style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...