Thursday, October 17

Simply a moment

Today's post is brought to you through Alexa's Simply a Moment. To join in or read more stories please pop across to Trimming the Sails. 

Tuesday 15 October 2013 9.10pm.
After a long day at work it is nice to relax on the sofa. A cuppa at my side and my laptop perched on the arm of the sofa.

It's nice and quiet No3 son has been in bed for over an hour. I have to smile at him. Why is it he recalls everything that's happened in the day and decides to tell all at bedtime, despite pumping him for information when he comes home from school.
 Anything for a few more minutes eh.

The front door bursts open and in comes No2 son. Dad picked him up from youth club tonight and he comes in, talking so loud and swinging a little sweet bag. He hands No1 son the bag and says there are three strawberries in there for you and three each for mum and dad too.

Bless this boy, he is so generous, spending his youth club pennies on us all. This boy would give you his last Rolo. He really would. He climbs onto the sofa between me and No1 son and snuggles up close, resting his head on me and reading your blogs over my shoulder. Don't get too comfy I say you have to go to bed...it's past your bedtime. It's 9.16pm and he says 4 more minutes. True to his word at 9.20pm (after 10 mins to wind down from a busy night) he kisses us goodnight. No, that's wrong. We kiss him. He offers us his head...always.
With two now in bed, No1 son pulls the throw onto the sofa and spreads it out between him and me. He looks over at his dad and says in a funny voice.....

 "bitbits daddy" 

He eats his (McVities chocolate digestive - no other make compares!) biscuit and then takes himself off to bed.....
......and you know what....I'll not be far behind him.

17 comments:

  1. A lovely read, Louise, and it made me smile the way your boys popped off to be done by one - like that scene in the sound of Music where they leave the stage one at a time! Yes, delaying tactics - sigh! I remember them well ... Hoping you are on your way to being warmly tucked up and think you so much for joining in again and letting us peep over your shoulder in your living room :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a heartwarming read. How lovely that no 2 son wants to share his sweets. My boyfriends brother sounds very similar to no 3 son. We always joke that he is most talkative and open when we are all getting ready to head to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I too was thinking "The Sound of Music"!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a boy thing - that need to talk at bedtime. Let's just say I'm getting to sleep earlier since my boy moved into Halls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post. I just love hearing about regular family time together. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely, thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely family you have, and such a lovely moment shared

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely moment and a really cosy look over your shoulder. I love it and it brought back a few memories.
    Louise, you might be interested in my first blog swap? I posted about it here
    http://miriamrogers.co.uk/?p=9859

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the little peep into your evening routine. I have one that always comes out with the tales at tucking in time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TFS a peaceful and loving family moment

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always called those delaying tactics "kicking the ball". I have no idea why..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was lovely to read, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful tale of family life, your boys sound to be lovely (little) lads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, you might get this twice, my first seemed to just disappear. Ah and I can't remember what I typed first time so if you get two you can take your pick :-)

    A beautiful tale of family life. Your boys sound like they're lovely (little) lads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to hear such a happy family story - I love the image of No.2 offering himself to be kissed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely moment, I really did feel like I was there with all of you x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...