Sunday, November 17

Simply a Moment

It's good to be back...... to open my laptop and type something here.
 I'm joining in with Alexa's Simply a Moment.
Friday 15th November 13.30pm
I'm lying on the sofa, propped up with pillows, legs straight out in from of me. My helping hand and crutches by my side. A small table holding all the little things I need is too hand, the bright red Poinsettia that sits on it reminds me that Christmas is on it's way.

I'm thinking how thankful I am for my lovely family, parents and friends who have all rallied around to ensure that I haven't been left on my own.

 Just over two weeks ago, I really thought I'd never walk again.
The surgeon said the operation had taken much longer than expected and with the work they'd carried out to try and preserve my hip, he would expect me to be in this much pain. I couldn't move, the pain was excruciating, the drugs were making me feel violently sick, itchy and so so drowsy!

 A few mornings later I awoke, someone had flicked a switch! The pain was still there but it wasn't like before. Maybe the body was starting to heal, maybe my pain relief was stable, maybe now they would let me go home.

After six days they allowed me to leave and slowly over these past two weeks every day has been a little easier.
             ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to take this moment to thank everyone for their kind words, for all the gifts and flowers. Most importantly to my family and friends who without their support would have made the past few weeks even tougher than it's already been.

This is the first week where I've felt able to stay awake and read for a while. For a few minutes here and there I have scrolled through Pinterest and Instagram.... there's nothing like catching up on your blog posts though. 

23 comments:

  1. Glad you're starting to feel somewhat better, praying for a swift recovery. I'm sure your wonderful hubby and boys are doing a sterling job looking after you.Hugs.Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you back in here and that each new day is better than the last. Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear that you feel you have turned a corner and started to heal. My boss had a similar operation this time last year so I know that you still have a way to go, but the first signs of recovery are so welcome. Take care, rest and do whatever the doctor says, every day is a day closer to be being back on your feet properly again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your moment is one of healing! Hope you continue to progress well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pleased you are starting to feel a bit better Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Louise, what a very difficult experience you have been through ... I am so glad to read that your body is healing and recovering from the surgery, and so touched that you should share it with us here. I am hoping that your lovely family keeps supporting you right through until you can throw those crutches away :), and that you are compiling a list of all the things they need to be taking over and doing between now and the end of the year! Thank-you very much indeed for linking up, and I am sure that I will not be the only one wishing you well ... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise, I'm so sorry I didn't catch on any earllier to what you have been going through over the last couple of weeks. I'm sending you my very best wishes for lots of rest and pampering, quickly followed by a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey hun sorry to hear that you have been through such big and painful surgery and so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery sending lotsa hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Louise I'm glad your family and friends are there to help and I'm so sorry you've had so much pain. Thinking of you and wishing you a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased ur on the road to recovery x big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear you are improving each day and now feel up to some blogging and pinterest! That's good news and it's lovely to see you here!! Please , please take things slowly and one day at a time!! Sounds like friends and family are doing a fab job looking after you and keeping your spirits up! Much love Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear that you have been in such pain, sending good wishes from my corner of blog land. Thank you for your visit and lovely comment.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saying a prayer right now for continued healing. So glad to hear you are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does sound so painful and I'm glad you're on the road to recovery now xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to read that you have been in so much pain. Wishing you better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Louise
    I am so sorry to hear that you have been in such pain,and I am glad to hear you are improving:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hadn't realised you were having such a major op. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Make sure you do what the physio tells you - that's the really important bit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Louise, it is hard to read of someone being in pain. I hope you are now feeling a bit better and I am sending all my wishes for a speedy and smooth recovery. Thinking of you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Louise,
    What an ordeal. Wishing you all the best for a speedy and, most importantly, a complete recovery.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Louise I'm so sorry that you were in so much pain to start with, I hope the rest of your recover is easier to handle. In the meantime try to enjoy taking it easy and making notes for all the things you'll do once you're back on your feet! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Louise! I'm very glad to know that you're getting better and so sorry to know things were so difficult some weeks ago... I hope you will run as soon as possible!!
    cris
    lalchimisteartisane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodness I'm so sorry I missed this! I knew you were due for an op but I didn't realise it was so soon. Where is the time going?! I'm glad you are on the mend and that things are brighter now. Do you have a long term prognosis? Do they think this has done the job for your poor hip? Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm just catching up with my blog reading Louise...I'm hadn't realised you'd had surgery and that things looked so bleak for a while...so glad to hear yo are on the mend
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...