Sunday, December 1

Story Telling Sunday - Pick Your Precious

Today is the first of December. Woah....where has the year gone? It seems that every year passes faster and faster which is why we should stop and take stock. This past couple of years, with help from Sian from High in the Sky, this is exactly what I've done. Her enthusiasm and encouragement has helped to remind me of stories that would possibly never have been told.

This is the last Story Telling Sunday of the year and being in a position where I am not able to stand at the sidelines watching my little men play rugby this morning...sob sob....I thought I'd spend some time writing this post. Last night after considering some precious picks that I've not yet shared with you, I started to think about the format for my Christmas Journal....again! Well wouldn't you know it...there it is....the last Pick your Precious of the year....my Christmas Journals. The one project of the year I start and I finish. 
I have 12x12, 8x8 and 10x8 journals. My Christmas journal started out in 2007, as part of Shimelle's JYC, over the years it has developed into a record of our daily December activities. Looking back it's great to see what the month of December held for us, to see the family traditions we have carried on from our own childhood and the traditions we have made our own.

I've thoroughly enjoyed blogging recording my stories, thank you to Sian for giving us a place to do so.

21 comments:

  1. My Christmas Journal is the only project I finish too! Yours looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an absolutely inspired choice for a Precious Louise! It's perfect: you are so right - I didn't do one last year, but for the three years before that I completed one, and it's that finishing off completely that makes them so precious to me I think. I can't wait to see what you come up with this year..keep on recording Christmas!
    With so many thanks for all the stories. I'm always keeping an eye out for your name on the list because I love to see what you have to share with us every month. Here's hoping 2014 brings you a great year of pain free memory keeping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My christmas journals have developed in the same way. I've been preparing this year's one over the last few days.....and so enjoyed reading through the last two.....I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, I am so impressed that you are able to do a December project---not once, but each year. I haven't attempted it yet as I don't think I have the time. But, I'm sure it's like anything---you make the time for what's important. Your family is going to love having your journals to look back on. Maybe this year will be my year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely journal - love the gold script page, and just the right amount of embellishing on top. I'm hoping to stick to my Christmas scrapping this year, not doing a separate journal but trying to tell a story inside my Project Life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my journals are very precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those albums definitely are precious & I imagine will become more & more so as the years pass & more things change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal looks beautiful. The perfect final precious of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Paperclipping Roundtable podcast they were talking about what sort of LOs are the panel's favourites and they decided that those that record the everyday bits and pieces are the most precious. As I unpacked the Christmas decorations today and pulled out the December Daily journal we had fun reading through and seeing what we were doing. Not sure I could do one every year but I was thinking I might do the twelve days this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice Louise x
    I've been doing JYC since 2008 & this year I wasn't going to bother but the family said"it's tradition"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fact that you do the album every year, such memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect choice for the last 'precious'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that gold background. Bet your little man missed you cheering him on from the sidelines. I am going to try DD this month too - should be fun but also a challenge and I wonder if I will get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I agree with so many others here today, a perfect choice to finish the year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great way to finish the year! My journals are precious too so I can understand why yours are :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous and wonderful prosject:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very worthy entrant in the hall of precious treasures - I am in awe of how you finish your journal and the photo is do intriguing I find myself wanted to get a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Christmas Journal is the one project I finish every year as well, and they are indeed precious. I just love the page you shared! Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A perfect 'precious' for December!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful precious! Its just a little sneak but I am already loving all of what's in that album just by seeing your perfect embellishment there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...