Monday, May 5

Keeping it Real

Back in the day, I was still a teenager watching "Top of the Pops" when I worked with a lovely lady who always said that if/when she had children, she would make sure that she watched top of the pops every week so that she would/could be a "cool" parent. She was true to her word too.

What does being a "cool" parent mean to you? Keeping up to date with the latest bands/groups. No1 son loves RAP and while I am partial to a little, it's not something that I want to listen to all the time.

I know I don't fall into the category of being a "cool" parent. Now Dad on the other hand likes to think he's "with it". Only this morning No2 son downloaded a RAP app and there was dad making up his very own RAP. While the boys rolled their eyes and I smiled to myself, someone was having fun.
 
This early morning RAP session, reminded me that I had this layout waiting to be shared.























 If you look close enough you'll see dad trying to be cool and No1 son grinning.....I can still see him shaking his head and laughing to himself.

 The photos were taking in the lovely garden of Chester Cathedral last summer. Each tags tells a little story about this photo session.
Papers and stickers from the Simple Stories DIY Boutique Collection 

15 comments:

  1. Cute LO and cute story Louise. That is the struggle for a lot of us parents. Happy parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Louise..hope you're recovering well!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout! You have reminded me of the time my FIL announced he was the "oldest swinger in town"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a page that brought a smile to MY face. I love those little strips and the flowery collections top and bottom too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful! I am always the child shaking my head at my dad's attempts to be 'cool'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, our children never think we are cool, but we know better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vibrancy of this page - Gracia's friend commented on Instagram that she thinks I am cool because I can hashtag !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great page and a lovely story x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the bits on this page - they really complement your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!!!! Love what you did with the paperclips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you organise your layouts with the placement spread out whereas I always have to bunch mine up. Love the look on your eldest's face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol our two resigned themselves to the fact that they have the un-coolest parents in town years ago, they just humour us now lol. Great layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that color blue, and the embellies are a perfect compliment
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a 'cool' page. Neither of my two watch TOTP (is it still on?) but they like to hang out with Wookie. Not sure if I'm a cool parent or not - have been told I am which is always nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...