Tuesday, June 3

SJ Crafts Monthly Challenge

Hello there,

Have you seen this months summer challenge over at S J Crafts, where we get to use a fabulous colour palette of...

   * Hot Pink * Tangerine * Cream * Gold *

Seeing this colour palette, automatically makes me think girls, pretty papers and lots of sparkle.  Hmm...you know me...we have a shortage of anything pink, girlie or sparkly in our family. 

On flicking through my to scrap pile I came across the latest project. His motorbike. What can I say... it kept him in his garage, out of my way giving me time to scrap. When he bought the bike it was ghastly. Really. Orange and Black, the paint job was like nothing you've ever seen.  The bike reminded me of "Tony".  You know "Tony" the Tiger..."it's Grrrrrrreat!". 
(He was the mascot for Kellogg's Frosties, a breakfast cereal here in the UK.)

All papers used are from the Simply Stories DIY collection kit and label stickers
I have a few photos that I took during it's transformation. After I scrapped these, he sees it sitting on the side and tells me that this isn't the finished photo....apparently you can see that it has no brakes on it at this stage, amongst other things.

Instead of changing the photo I added a few words after the "after" photo and to my journaling on the reverse of the tag hidden away.
You may be interested to know that after months and months of striping his bike back both mechanically and cosmetically, with a lot of sweat, blood and tears..it is now on the road. Now if only I didn't have a dodgy hip I might be able to get my leg over for a ride :) 

 Back to the challenge....I think I met the colour palette challenge, don't you? There's hot pink, orange and for the gold there are some stars. The "Cream" can be a neutral colour such as beige, grey or white. I chose a muted grained grey patterned paper for the background.

All this and not a sign of pretty girlie photos or papers in sight. It goes to show that you really can turn any challenge into your own.

We hope you take part in the challenge and add your linkie to SJ Crafts blog post.
Thanks for stopping by. 

12 comments:

  1. What a great way to interpret those colors!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely prefer the after photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fab job of turning the girly colours into a masculine page.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grid style page and all your lovely layers. Great take on the challenge :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true, you really made it yours. Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You masterfully managed to interpret this challenge that would stump me;) i love your each layered stacks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your take on this challenge. Have to say he has done a good job looks so much better and glad to hear it is on the road. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely colour palette. Great layout and great work on the restoration of the bike! My other half is currently turning a bike in to a trike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping that dodgy hip is not giving you too much trouble ... Your page is perfectly done and more than meets the criteria; I do love the way you manage to layer so effortlessly, yet still retain a sense of structure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the layers and laughed at his comment - assure him we *all* noticed the lack of breaks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Louise! What a brilliant outcome! I have to say that I am very very jealous because I LOVE motorbikes. It is one of my promises to myself when I get slim enough :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...